Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Pregnancy Bug

My neighbor, Christina, has been on bedrest for months due to extreme preeclampsia and went in this afternoon for an emergency c-section. Im going to go visit her in the hospital tomorrow, and meet her new little boy. Congrats to her and Aaron for the addition to their family! I can't wait to meet him. :-)

Furthermore...tomorrow is also a big baby day, since my nephew will be born at 1:30 pm at Stamford Hospital (also via C-section, for those of you who think Im bluffing about knowing the day and time!)! Hurrah! We had a brief scare today that they might have to postpone the surgery, but it ended up fine and everything is on track! Jacob has percolated just enough and I can't wait to meet him. I don't what I'll do since they don't have a digital camera... I'll just have to WAIT until I fly out there next weekend to see him I guess (grrrr. Im impatient). I'll do a post and let ya'll know about him as soon as he arrives!

In the meantime, a friend who is pregnant was recently "downsized" from a large franchise here in town. Now, this franchise (which shall go unnamed at the moment... but only for the moment!) is supposedly in the middle of nationwide downsizing. They told her that they had completed "secret" reviews of everyones performance and that is how they determined the three to fire. HOWEVER, they wouldnt' tell her the things they reviewed her on, or how she did ... AND the other two people they fired? Another pregnant woman (who will deliver within the next couple of weeks) and a woman who is nearing retirement age. Now, what does that sound like to you? To me, and to the random woman I met in the libary yesterday (an HR consultant), it sounds like discrimination. I've advised my friend (through another friend since I haven't seen her since it happened) to seek some sort of justice from this. Not necessarily suing or anything like that, but at least determining their "official" reasons for firing her.

In the meantime, Queenie is finally waving goodbye to morning sickness, the Bossman's wife is happy as a clam, Ashley is craving chocolate cake (and therefore OBVIOUSLY doing well), and Stephanie is about to deliver her son this month, rounding out my current list of pregnant women.

Please pray for my sister tomorrow as she goes through surgery, and for Jacob as he is welcomed into this world. Also, please pray for "Wendy" as she looks for a job...She is a strong and capable and intelligent woman, we just need to find a place for her that will appreciate her properly! And be careful... the pregnancy bug seems to be going around.... and it might be catching!

No comments: