Friday, April 21, 2006

Funny, but a bit of a letdown...

I have always vowed that I wouldn't buy baby clothes until Im pregnant, just like I said I wouldn't look at wedding gowns until I was engaged. Well, yesterday I went out with the Queen to buy clothes for the Almighty Feet because Q was feeling that the few little outfits she had were not nearly enough to keep the cold hard world at bay (and she was right...). We hit a thrift store and the consignment store and got some REALLY cute stuff. Among the things we found was a little outfit that I decided was too cute to pass up and that I would get it as a shower gift for one of the many pregnant women in my life right now. I got it home and showed the Hubband and was greeted with a stare of shock and horror. Thinking that he maybe mixed up the person I planned to give it to with someone he doens't like very much, or something like that, I protested mightily and confusedly. He then said... BUT ITS A BLUE ELEPHANT! Now, for those of you who dont know, my mother-in-law collects blue elephants and has pretty much since Hubband was born 32 years ago. It all started with a little elephant that traveled with various members of the family and was constantly sneaking into suitcases during visits. Well, once I realized that what I was holding was a BLUE ELEPHANT outfit, of COURSE I couldn't give it away (I actually was forbidden even to TRY by Hubband.... he did say that I wouldn't jinx myself though cause Id BOUGHT it with the INTENTION of giving it away). Well, once he got past the shock, he thought the whole thing was hilarious and called his mom to share... only I dont think he QUITE got the joke part of it across to her soon enough because we heard some chuckles and then after a pause she said...

"So, you're not calling with REAL news?"

Soon... C-Mom... Soon. :-)



No comments: