Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Shots and a Haircut...

In one of the many outfits her Auntie Ronnie brought her....

Eleanor had her 4 month checkup and innoculations today. The checkup went great! She's 15 lbs 13 oz, 25.5 inches long, and her head circumference was (I think) 43 cm. This puts her in the 90th percentile for all 3! A nicely proportionate baby. :-) I asked Dr. Bubba about the rash we'd seen popping up all over her body and he said it looked like a "type of eczema" and he recommended that I cut all milk from my diet for 5 days and see if it improves. During that time, I also am to cut back on cheese, yogurt, eggs, etc. and we are to refrain from giving El any formula. He also recommended the use of a couple of different creams and switch from our current soap to a "non soap cleanser". Yup, it appears that she has inherited her mother's skin. Poor thing.

I didn't get much sleep last night and woke this morning feeling out of sorts. What does a girl do when out of sorts? Picks up a pair of scissors after her shower and hacks 4-6 inches off her hair, of course! I think Hubband was more surprised than he's been in a long time when I walked into the nursery in my robe (he was reading to El) and whacked up hair and said "can you even up the back, please?".

Ronnie is visiting this week and we've been having fun. ES gave us a platinum pass to Graceland so we're finishing off the tour there tomorrow. We've also played dominos, watched tv, laughed, chatted, looked at photos, walked the neighborhood, done church and a picnic, and even found a little time for being lazy with laptops and/or books. Tonight, she took us to dinner at a place called RP Tracks down by the University. It was delicious! They have a blend of vegan, vegetarian, and carnivorous options and all of the above were delicious. The BBQ tofu is really something!

El enjoys playing dominos with us...

1 comment:

Xboyd said...

Oh, Oh. I think she inherited grandma Boyd's eczema and sensitive skin. I use Sensitive Dove bar to wash and Vanicream for body lotion. Vanicream is available online or at Walmart, Shopko, probably elsewhere in jars, tubes and as lip pomade. They also have a cleansing 'soap' bar. Poor baby! Eczema is so ITCHY!!!!!!!!!! She'll probably have hay fever too! Well, I love the pictures..and your hair?! I hope the hairdresser was able to even it out. Is it PPD? LOve ya!!!!