Thursday, July 26, 2007

Whatta Week....

I honestly am having trouble believing it is already Thursday. This week has been just a long tangle of goods and bads. On the good side... the phenergan generally helps the nausea so I'm not throwing up every single day anymore, our friends the Queen and her Hub-Unit are in the process of buying their first house, as of yesterday I am no longer carrying an embryo but a bonafide FETUS (almighty feet! sorry. inside joke), and this afternoon I was able to not only cook some beans and toasted french bread for lunch, I ALSO DID THE DISHES! On the bad side? The library won't let me check out books until a pay a fine for the corners of a book that one of our animals chewed, even with a full dose of phenergan I spent a nasty 15 minutes in the bathroom throwing up last night, our home equity application was denied and no one can tell me WHY, and Rosie needs new tires. >sigh<

I'm sitting in a borrowed red chair with a puppy on the back listening to the storm outside. Somehow it seems to make the bad wash away and the good seem more tangible when you smell fresh earth, hear rumbling thunder, and watch the cutest dog ever press her nose to the screen so she can experience the storm without getting wet. Sitting here I realize...even though we're broke and I'm tired and sometimes it seems overwhelming, I have nothing to complain about. My life is just as it should be... not too easy, not too hard, and full of surprises every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the big red chair can be some sort of comfort to you. I'd offer you some of my books to read, but they are all packed :) I should be finished with Potter by the time I get back to Memphis, so you can have it then.

Xboyd said...

Sorry about the home equity loan. How much do you need to pay off the library? I'm driving to WW tomorrow. The apt os empty save LIlo and me. T's spending the night. I"m giving Mouse my last hugs for awhile, tonight. Hang in there. Wish I could help more. I love you both.