Friday, June 22, 2007

Baby steps

Today, according to the wise internet and publishing industries, I have graduated from carrying a blastomere to having a bonafide embryo. Im so proud. And lethargic. Really, aside from the occasional HUNGER ATTACK and sore breasts and mild crampiness once in a while the only symptom of pregnancy that I have is that I have energy for about two hours in the morning... and I'm done. I have been AWARE of my pregnancy for only a week now, but in that week I have suddenly learned to leap from bed as soon as I wake up and rush around the house doing dishes and laundry and eating breakfast, and tackling the most difficult work tasks of the day immediately because by 1030 am? Im ready to just curl up on the couch and read a book, or take a nap, or stare vacantly out the window. At least KNOWING that I'm pregnant gives me a reason for this behavior, as I was feeling this way since last Thursday and thought I was just nuts, or sick, or both, or something.

Now I know my body is just taking baby steps.... literally!

No comments: