Saturday, June 02, 2007

Sabbath Rest

As Sabbath arrives each week, I praise God for giving us the opportunity to take a day and just BE. No guilt about not working on the house, or catching up on that editing project, or laundry, or ANYTHING except being with my family and friends and God. Today we slept in, had breakfast, and joined several friends from church for a picnic and Bible study out at the state forest. It was a blast, although I think Priscilla had even more fun than we did! Hubband isn't feeling so well, so we didn't stay long, but it's always so nice to be able to hang out with friends on a pretty day. When we got home, the dog and the husband both collapsed...I spent the last 2 hours on the phone with my sis and reading a GLH book quietly on the couch. My version of rest!

It's been a big week here in the Boyd house... Hubband has been looking for a job for about 3 weeks now, sending in and/or submitting at least 3 applications/resumes each day. So far he has been turned away for Sabbath reasons, told he was overqualified, and told that he needed "civilian" qualifications. >sigh<

I'm going to go make dinner soon. Im not sure what we're having yet, but it's bound to be something worth eating in front of the tv. We recorded a couple of fun "old" movies on the DVR (70's time frame... not really "oldies") and we have Stargate SG1 and Atlantis for the evening's entertainment before we attack the last of the shelving. Hopefully by tomorrow night it will all be put together and painted and I can move my books! Wheee!

Put on your happy faces, everyone!

2 comments:

MissKate said...

hehe . . . you cropped the pic of A & Pris :)

Hope you get the shelves done soon, and everyone feels better too.

Anonymous said...

For some reason, this pic of Flip reminds me of good ole 5th grade. He looks so youthful... :)