Friday, October 06, 2006

A Bookish Kind of Gal

Apparently, not everyone reads as voraciously as we do in my family, a fact which never fails to surprise me. Even at my busiest, I will devour an average of 4 books a week. If Im swamped with work and cleaning the house and keeping up the yard and running errands, there is still the 5 minutes while the coffee perks in the morning and the oatmeal is cooking, all those times you have waste in the bathroom, meal time, etc. With the coming renovation (read: building) of the kitchen, I think my reading time will shrink slightly. However, just to give you an idea... Here is what Ive read since last Friday:

1. Morrigan's Cross (Nora Roberts)
2. Wait Until Midnight (Amanda Quick)
3. Shadow Game (Christine Feehan)
4. A Busman's Holiday (Dorothy Sayers)
5. How to Kiss a Frog (dont remember who the author is)
6. White Flower (Grace Livingstone Hill)
7. The Enchanted Barn (Grace Livingstone Hill)
8. The Admiral's Bride (Suzanne Brockman)

At the library on Monday and Wednesday evenings, I also read/studied several books on writing/designing HTML templates, wandered in the history and food sections for around an hour each, and even poked my nose into gardening and comparative religions.

Its amazing to me that I had time to read all that when Ive felt completely overwhelmed with work, bills, vet visits, pet worry, remodeling research/ideas, etc.

So, what are you reading?

5 comments:

HIP for Sure said...

You still amaze me at how fast you read. Alyssa does the same, however I am very slow and my husband likes me to sit with him and watch tv,usually with lights off. But all the dr visits and time at mom's I did pick up one of their books and found it quit fast moving (they have to be since I read slow :-)!!!) It is Fatal Flaw by Ginna Gray. I did finish the Nora Roberts Sister Island trilogy and have her Blue Smoke ready when I finish this. I read the most and best on planes so I guess I need to plan More Trips,heheh. Love ya sweetie.

LadyBoyd said...

Yeah, I figure I read for about a total of 2 hours each 24 and usually that's about a book. I will admit that on weekends when Andrew is at work or doing homework Im more likely to read. Now that is getting cooler, we have yardwork though. I have a bunch of daffodil bulbs that I need to get into the ground here in the next few weeks which means prepping the flower bed that is currently full of monkey grass...we also need to rake leaves again. :-)

You can always take a trip out here. >wink<

mrspooley said...

currently reading Mother of Pearl, don't remember the author but it's Oprah Book Club book. Also just finished Stones of my Accusers.

Xboyd said...

Does reading the Gleaner count, as well as reading a medical report on one of my kids and looking through 4 catalogs for things I need in the classroom? Oh, I did finish an autobiography on Sandi Patty. It's really interesting if anyone wants to borrow it. Let me know.

LadyBoyd said...

That reminds me, I recently read through Katherine Hepburn's autobiography "Me". It was GREAT!