Thursday, June 02, 2005

To Kreme or not to Kreme, that IS the question...

There are 8 Krispy Kreme donuts sitting serenely in their box on my kitchen island, mocking me. After all, Im trying to eat better, so KKs for breakfast really shouldn't happen. The Eggos in the fridge and calling me (whole grain, with organic pb and raspberry jam), reminding me of the consequences of Kreme-ing ... but I may yet submit! THE CALL OF THE KREME IS STRONG! Ok. >panting< This too shall pass....

So yesterday I had a fight with the garbage disposal. Not quite sure who won. The olives I pulled out of the fridge were a bit... fermented... so I dumped them down the drain and a spoon decided to dive in after them. I guess it wanted to save the olives... we'll never know. The disposal started and the spoon started hopping around and shrieking in that grindy "Im in the disposal and Im metal" way that spoons have. I fished it out and scolded it for jumping in to begin with and started the disposal again, only to have IT start shrieking at me in metalvoice! Stopped again, shoved my poor defenseless paws into the maw of the beast and found .... a random bit of metal. I think it might have come off the disposal itself. Have set it aside for husband to examine. Only then will we know the outcome of the disposal war. >cue ominous music<

On to today! The coffee is perking, the kitty purring, and the work procrastinationating (yes! my word again! HA!). Haven't got tooo much to do for the "daily grind", but the dishes are threatening to side with the garbage disposal if I dont dump them in the dishwasher TODAY, the floor needs to be vacuumed so badly its actually trying to crawl into the closet after the vacuum, and the kitties bathroom... stinks. And yet, I am planning a library outing with the Queen. Ah, the life of a stay-at-home wife with no children, 2 cats, and a full-time consulting job. :-)

No comments: