- I accidentally locked Obie out in the back yard one day. He was stuck outside for around 3 hours before I walked into the kitchen and saw him sitting patiently on the back step, nose pressed to the glass of the door. I opened and apologized to him profusely. He grumbled, literally and vocally, all the way in the door, walked to the edge of the cabinets, turned around and gave me one last distinctive sentence of disdain, frustration, and disappointment, and then stalked over to the couch and curled up for a nap. Ive never been talked to and/or talked DOWN to so effectively by a cat.
- I got yelled at by my sister(s) for not calling them more often, and by mama, and by my aunt... and in absentia (to mama) by my Gma. I'm sorry, all! I don't ever seem to slow down enough to make phone calls until bedtime. I'll start scheduling them on my calendar and maybe I'll do better.....
- I went through my emails and realized there is one there from a dear dear friend who I've not responded to since Christmas. OUCH! Talk about feeling bad and being behind. >sigh<>
- We tore the carpet out of my office, but there is still furniture and boxes and books and games and backpacks and files that need to be moved before we can prep the walls and trim, paint, and then install the flooring. Hubband has decided that he is going to try and build in some shelves for me, too, so that we can more easily fit both sets of office furniture into that room.
- We had a huge discussion over where to put the nursery when the time comes that we need a nursery. All hypothetical of course, as we aren't needing one any time in the foreseeable future. That we know of.
- Hubband and I got involved with Special Music on Sabbath ... as of late Friday night. The person in charge had forgotten to schedule someone and she herself was on vacation, so 4 of the guys in the choir decided to do a quartet number. I was the "attractive page turner". And no, I didn't give myself that name, although I was quite pleased to accept the honor. hehe
- I'm finally caught up on laundry and cleaning and dishes.... as of last night. Which means there is new shredded bits of stick on the floor from the twig Priscilla smuggled in last night, a full load of laundry back in the bin from all the stuff that got worn, gathered, tossed, mended over the weekend, and the counter is full of dishes that need to be put in the dishwasher... once I empty it.
- Went to see Casino Royale on Saturday night at the bargain theater. We almost got lost getting there, but arrived in time to stand in line 3x (twice for tickets since we didn't know we needed CASH). I LOVED this movie. I was very skeptical because it is so different from the "typical" Bond film--no Q branch, out of sequence in terms of timing, etc--but it was a great movie. Usually in longer films (2+ hours), I start feeling bored or at least a little antzy and "how much longer-ish", but I didn't in this one! I didn't realize it had been almost 3 hours until we got out to the car afterwards.
- My allergies and going off caffeine have combined to make me a pseudo-narcoleptic this week. By 4 pm each afternoon I seem to be collapsing/crashing with no energy or brain power. Yesterday? I made it to 415 and then fell asleep while folding laundry and slept for nearly 3 hours. I guess my body needs it, but I was going to call people! and prep my office for paining! and fold clothes! >sigh<
UPDATED: I also forgot to mention that on Thursday night we went to 300 with some friends. IT WAS AWESOME. I had forgotten that the movie night was this past week... it seems so long since then. Anyway, GO SEE IT if you can!